Sunday, March 17, 2013

Found Poems!

Fire!
Do not pop popcorn
Precaucion, caliente!
You are cordially invited
to keep calm, you come alive.
Run for your life, go do it.
The gold award, as we party
to our own rendition.
Trained responders only!

This was my "Found Poem" I wrote in class last monday!  I think it is interesting how about every three lines in my poem make sense, then it seems as though they completely switch topics.  I think it was also pretty funny to see how we all pretty much brought back the same little blurbs from writings around the building.  That shows how all the same posters around campus catch our attention!

3 comments:

  1. I think it's interesting how you pointed out that we all wrote pretty much the same thing. I did not think of the fact that those were the ones that caught our attention the most. That is a very interesting way to think about it, so we wrote down the attention grabbing words or phrases.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wouldn't have thought of any way possible to put those words together haha. I did notice we all put a lot of the same words, some were probably coincidence. That's a nice little poems you've got there though

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its a nice little poem. Very unique. I thought it was really cool how we all mixed up the same words to create unique phrases and unique meanings.

    ReplyDelete